Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Populate Multiple DataGrids

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParyGoal

MIS
Jul 22, 2006
US
Hello everyone.
I am hoping someone would help me with what I am trying to accomplish.

I have a tab control on a visual basic 6 form. Each tab contains a datagrid, Total ( 8 Datagrids)

On the first tab, I select equipment numbers from a combo box that get populated into the DataGrid. What I want to do is what ever equipment numbers (ex; 4 equipment numbers)I select to carry over to all the other grids automatically. I will storing two fk values in each table for each DataGrid including the very first DataGrid, which the basically the starting point. Also if I decide to delete an equipment number from the first DataGrid (First Tab) that equipment number should be deleted from all the other DataGrids including the table data source corresponding to each Data Grid. How do I accomplish this?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

ParyGoal

After the record change in the first grid, get the primary key from the underlying recordset and either use it in the Filter method of the other grids, or set the "WHERE" clause for the other grids underlying recordsets sql statement to the PK, after closing them, and then re-open them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back