Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Populate from source error

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlabac

Programmer
Jan 22, 2004
US
I am creating a simple DTS Export from a table to a .txt file. I am having a strange issue. When I choose the destination, the define columns box comes up and I choose to populate from source and execute. When I do nothing happens...meaning it does not show the fields in the destination box. Then if I click on the define columns button, Enterprise Manager crashes.

What is strange is that with other tables in my DB it works fine, but with some it does not. I tried reinstalling Enterprise Manager last night, but that did not seen to help.

What is going on? Am I overlooking something? I have compared tables that work to table that don’t…data types, primary keys, constraints…but nothing stands out.

Thanks for you help!!

Sorry can't help you, but I too have had strange crashes of EM in similar circumstances. Can you try with a another console, preferably on the server. Strange if this happens on the server.

Aren't you by any change creating the file on network resource. In any case I highly recommend not to. Use dts only on local(sql server's) filesystem and after/before transformation copy the file to/from network resource.

Cheers

[blue]Backup system is as good as the latest recovery[/blue]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back