Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Populate Excel sheet with historical mutual fund quotes & dividends

Status
Not open for further replies.

almostfrugal

Programmer
Apr 30, 2003
US
I need to populate various cells in my Excel spreadsheet with historical mutual fund quotes and dividends from the web. I have about 100 mutual fund symbols in column 1, and 13 columns each for historical months. The first two columns for each historical month are for monthly closing prices and total monthly dividends paid. I need to populate these first two columns for each historical month from the web.

I've tried external data web queries for one mutual fund and date that end up giving me several rows and columns of data when all I really want is the one cell in that table that gives me the mutual fund price.

Is it possible to process a web query in VBA and pick and choose which data gets put in the spreadsheet?

Do you know of any web sites where I can get as many as 100 historical price quotes at one time?

Do you know of any web sites where I can get historical dividend information for mutual funds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back