Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Populate Dynamic table columns based on parameter drop down values selection in SSRS report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vasu100

Programmer
Dec 21, 2018
US

*Scenario:

We have one table with below columns: I need to use ONLY this table
ID ACCOUNTID STATUS COMPARE MODFIEDUSERNAME FILENAME FILEDESP
1 A2 IN MATCH Sam abc wew
2 A4 OUT MATCH Ken xcr wew
3 A2 IN MISMATCH Roy abc wew
4 A3 OUT MISMATCH Roy xcr wew

In the report we should have a drop down(SingleValue) for COMPARE column with values(MATCH/MISMATCH) where user can select either of one value.

If User select MATCH Option then Report should display a dropdown(MultiValue)(ReportFields Data Set) with these columns : ID ACCOUNTID STATUS

If User select MISMATCH Option then Report should display a dropdown(MultiValue) (ReportFields Data Set) with these columns : ID COMPARE MODFIEDUSERNAME FILENAME FILEDESP

Basically , populate column names dynamically based on MATCH and MISMATCH selection and when user clicks on View Report, Report should display respective column data.

I created the Data Set -ReportFields as below:

SELECT 1 ID, 'Id' AS ColumnName UNION
SELECT 2 ID, ACCOUNTID AS ColumnName UNION
SELECT 3 ID, 'Status' AS ColumnName UNION
SELECT 4 ID, COMPARE AS ColumnName

I created two parameters: @Compare and @ReportFields. I added Column Visibility for each column for ReportFields Data Set)

Problem: Need the logic to populate Dynamic columns based on user selection from first dropdown with (MATCH/MISMATCH) Values.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back