Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Popping Sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush2

Technical User
Dec 18, 2002
US
I just bought a nice Logitech 5.1 surround setup for my PC, but when I'm playing a DVD or listening to anything through the coax digital output, I get pops every few seconds. Is this due to my soundcard.

I should clearify, I don't really have a "sound card." It's a C-Media device that's built into the motherboard (Soyo Dragon KT400 Platinum Edition).

Is this something that's easily remedied, or would you reccomend dropping some cash on an Audigy 2. I already have a Hercules Game Theater XP, which I suppose I could hook up and use.

Thanks

Have had this problem occur with on board sound cards. Updating the drivers did not cure it. Installed a Sound Blaster Live, for at the time 40 bucks (cheaper now) and he was back in love with his computer. Remember to disable the onboard sound IF you go this route. Try the drivers first.

Good Luck
1zman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back