Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

popping a form back into a frame? *no flames please*

Status
Not open for further replies.

MstrMitch

Programmer
Oct 23, 2000
US
I have a site that has frames *no I am not looking for flames in this posting* :) and on one of the pages a link pops out of the frame to utilise the entire space available on the screen.

that link has a submit button which goes to a fill out form. is there:

1. anyway to make it so that the fill out form is part of the original frame, ie: to tell the submit button to load it in the frame window instead of in the _blank window that is currently up.

when the submit button is click the _blank window would dissapear and the user would see the form to fill out in the original frames window.?

Most Sincerely,

Mitchel B. Palmer
Phoenix, AZ

part 2 to the above question is:

I did try to pass the frame target into the form action but cannot apparently pass an action command into a target..I did :

<form action=&quot;infosubmit.asp&quot; target=&quot;main&quot;>

but I got an error.

this is how it works right now just to be clear.

I have a frameset..a top, left and &quot;main&quot;
There is a link in the &quot;main&quot; that instead of making it link to the same &quot;main&quot; frame, it pops up outside the entire frameset..it has &quot;target=_blank&quot;.

When this happens it exists outside the original frame set in a totally different IE window. I have a submit button onthat page, however what I want to do is when the user clicks the submit button, the page that is in its own IE window closes and the form exists inside the frameset that is still open in the backround in a different IE window.

this can be found at
go to destinations on the menu, then click north america and then a link..you will see what I mean..thanks for all your help, you are really quite a huge help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back