Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Poping UP two diffrent windows from the same page

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkom

Programmer
Apr 14, 2000
CA
Hi!

In my CGI page the user selects something and then presses a button. The result appears in a new window with statistics as the contents. When the user presses the button again a second window appears with the same stats when they should have changed. So now the user sees two new windows with identical contents.

Unless the user manually selects refresh on one of the new pages he or she can't see the second set of stats. I need two windows with diffrent contents for the user to compare stats.

The new page is also a CGI (PERL).

I use this code to popup the new windows :

sub open_window
{
get_window_name;
print &quot;<script Language='JavaScript'>&quot;;
print &quot;window.open('WDJRouterRes.cgi','$win_name','width=320,height=480,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=yes,
copyhistory=no,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes');&quot;;
print &quot;history.back()&quot;;
print &quot;</script>&quot;;
}

PLEASE HELP I have a dead line to meet.
Thanks in advance.

B.T.W. I was wondering how to pass parameters to the CGI script in the new window

Sorry jared but the web site is on an intranet and cannot be accesed from the outside but thanks for the parameters string.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back