Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pop3d and Maildir

Status
Not open for further replies.

zuessh

Technical User
Feb 21, 2003
US
I installed qmail step by step according to life with qmail, this put mail deliver to ./Mailbox. It worked fine, I then installed the pop3d and it instructed to change delivery to ./Maildir. This is where the problems come in. I have all the processes running (amialctl stat). I used the mailmakedir command to create the maildir for my user, however when I connect with that user there are no messages. I have the 3 dir under maildir (new, cur,tmp) but nothing gets put in. If I #echo to: usr@domain.com |/var/qmail/bin/qmail-inject is sends. However if I #tail -5 /var/log/qmail/control it returns the following error; ./Maildir is a directory. If make Maildir a file then it delivers fine. I thought for pop3 to work it had to deliver to a dir named Maildir? Am I wrong? Thanks

Have you checked that your POP3-client understands Maildir?
Which POP3-client are you using by the way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back