Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

POP3 will not download new messages . . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

wfooshee

Vendor
Jan 28, 2003
US
Palm Treo Windows Mobile 6.1, POP3 account set up, has been working over a week now since I got it. Suddenly, selecting Send/Receive gets no new messages unless I first delete one message from the phone. Then all new messages are downloaded when I repeat Send/Receive. When I try, it goes through all the motions, I see logging on, looking for changes, then finished. I can see on my computer screen that there is new mail in the inbox, but the phone won't get it. If I delete any single message from the phone's inbox and do Send/Receive, it works correctly that one time and gets all the new mail that's waiting on the server.
There are about 80 messages on the phone right now, download limit is still set at 2K per message. Free memory is over 300MB main memory free. This behavior just started yesterday.
Any ideas why it's doing this?

Well, deleting the account from the phone and recreating it seems to have fixed it. A little bit of a pain, but not that bad, really. Send/Receive works as expected, so it must have been a busted-up account on the phone somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back