Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

POP3 and SMTP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smeglor

IS-IT--Management
Jan 16, 2004
US
I added the POP3 service in exchange 2003 standard. The client can get his mail from remote location, but cannot send. How do I set up the SMTP Virtual server/connector or add new ones of the same to allow remotes to send mail?

I don't know sir...I guess its broke.

Since they are remote, you need to allow them to use it as relay, WITH authentication of course.
But, that is always a dangerous venture.

You could consider switching them to IMAP.

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]
How Do I Get Great Answers To my Tek-Tips Questions? See faq219-2884

well of course relaying is a dangerous venture even if it is used with authentication.....among the 3 types of authentication the best one is integrated windows ...but u have to c whether ur remote users can contact ur domain controller or not if they are not logging in to ur dc and integrated windows authentication wont work

mastguy, please refrain from using text like:
"but u have to c whether ur remote users can contact ur domain controller"

Not everyone here is native English speaking and those shortcut words are not professional at all.

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]
How Do I Get Great Answers To my Tek-Tips Questions? See faq219-2884

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back