Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

POP3 and IMAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

intel233

MIS
Feb 24, 2007
US
I am trying to configure Windows Live Mail and my cell phone to get my mail. I am running Exchange 2010 running under Windows Server 2008 R2.
I have Ports 25,110,143,443 open for 192.168.1.200 (which is the IP of the Exchange Server)
The PC's I have tried from are not part of the domain. One is a laptop I have the other is my PC at work.
When I do a send/receive in Windows Live I get :Unable to send or receive messages for the A1pnet (encino) account. The email server returned an error.

Server Error: 0x800CCC90
Server Response: -ERR Cannot connect to POP server XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX (XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:110), connect error 10061
Server: 'a1pmail.XXX.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC90
Protocol: POP3
Port: 110
Secure(SSL): No

When I try on my phone I just get server not found.
If you need any more info just let me know.

The router is a Verizon router. (This is a lab setup)

I forgot to state that Windows Firewall is off and I have Symantec Endpoint installed but I disabled that and still have issues.
OWA works so I do not think its my Verizon router. If I take out port 443 then OWA does not work.

OK so I found the verizon router didn't like the IP. I changed it to 192.168.1.5.
I also had to set POP3 and IMAP to Automatic ( shouldn't they have been set to automatic when installed)?
The issue now is in windows Live Mail it doesn't seem to like anyway I am logging in.
I have tried
domain/username
username
username@domain

None of those work.
Any help is appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back