Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pop3 and Exchange and Webmail

Status
Not open for further replies.

VoIPP

MIS
Jan 28, 2009
US
Exchange 2003

I have a user that has an Outlook client connected to an Exchange server. He also has a pop3 account using the same Outlook client.

Both Exchange and pop3 deposit mail in the same inbox folder.

When he uses OWA he can only see the mail that came through the Exchange server and not the mail that he got via the pop3 server.

Is there any way to see his pop mail in OWA?

Actually, let me rephrase - to answer you question as to if it's possible via OWA, NO. BUT you could install some 3rd party POP3 connector on the Exchange box and have it receive mail and dump it into the mailbox.

But, IMNSHO, POP3 has no place in an Exchange environment. It's old, inefficient, and yields no benefit to an org that's already receiving mail directly to Exchange.

Pat Richard MVP
Plan for performance, and capacity takes care of itself. Plan for capacity, and suffer poor performance.

I was thinking that the pop3 connector in Exchange might make it possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back