Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pop up window refreshing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kann

Programmer
Feb 16, 2000
US
I have unique proplem in IE with pop-up window. Netscpe working fine.
Detail:
Sever side script: ColdFusion
In main window i have a button called Add New, which opens a pop up window.
code:
function addTitle(){
var ss="addTitle.cfm"+"?rad="+ Math.random();
openWindow(ss,"AddTitle");
}

function openWindow(str, st){
window.open(str, st, "left=150,top=200,menubar=no,alwaysRaised=true,dependent=true,menubar=no,resizable=no,width=400,height=250,titlebar=no");
}

I used Math.random() to force the Browser to load new page each time.
In the pop up window, user can enter name & code fileds. If the name or code are already existing don't allow to sumbmit the pop up window to next page, else submit process page.
Main page
|
Add new title page -----> perocess page.
All the entire of title name, code i am getting from Data base and passing to Java Script through WDDX (coldfusion).
When code & name are not existing in data base ,pop-up window will be sumbmitted to process page, which called a SP(oracle) to insert a new row, and select box in the main window adds new option. After that pop-up will be closed.

Problem:
When user hits the add new button first time, and add a new name, code --working fine (IE & Netscpe)
Then user wants to add another new name, code(clicks button again)- adding to data base, then giving dbase error, becaues code & name are unique. The process page is trying to execute twice ?. Netscpe is woking fine.
Thanks
Kann

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back