Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pop-up reminder form based on time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walaap

Technical User
Oct 3, 2012
KW
Hi everybody

I spent the last 10 days searching the internet and our forum for specific (detailed) answer for my question with no luck to have it...

I will simplify the situation as I can , I have one table in my DB with the following fields :
ID , APP_DATE , APP_TIME , DETAILS , APP_STS

I want to have a pop-up form 5 minutes before the appointment time !!! (That is it)

Please keep in mind the following :
- I know it's better to manage the appointments within outlook.
- I do not want to connect my DB with outlook appointments.
- I want the reminder form to have a "snooze for 5 minutes" button and "Done" Button to change the appointment status (APP_STS) to done.
- I think we are going to use on timer event (which is totally new for me)

Your help is really appreciated ...
Regards ,,,

I would add a snooze field to the table to store the number of minutes to postpone. Create a saved query that would return and records within 5 minutes of the scheduled date+time+snooze.

Your Timer event could be set to run every half minute and use a DCount() to find out if any records that require notification.

Code:
If DCount("*","[Your New Query Name Here]") > 0 Then
[indent][COLOR=#4E9A06]'Open a form that uses the query as its record source[/color] [/indent]
End If

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back