Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pop-Up Menu Behaviors - saved but not visible

Status
Not open for further replies.

thereink

Technical User
Jul 18, 2003
US
Hey All,

I have created a site that uses Dreamweaver's built-in pop-up menu to simplify the appearance of my navigation bar. I understand the concept and everything works fine, that is until the next time I launch DW. Upon reboot, the pop-up functions still work when I roll-over the hotspots, however I can no longer view the individual contents (text - links -positions) of each button in the behavior panel while in design view.

Am I saving the pages incorrectly or possibly doing something else wrong? It doesn't make sense [atleast to me] that the buttons would still function, however there is no code evident in the behavior panel. Any explanation or suggestions would be appreciated.

Have a beautiful day.

Kevo

Yep - it's not just minimized. Upon clicking the behaviors tab, the two attributes (right word?) are definitely shown as onMouseOut > Hide Pop-Up Menu and onMouseOver > Show Pop-Up Menu. When I click the second one, a new Show Pop-Up Menu window appears with nothing other than Text: New Item. When I originally program the hotspots, there will be a button name, target & URL or link defined. It still shows all of the information in the code view, but I'm curious why it doesn't readily offer the stuff in the behaviors panel. It'd be much easier for me to identify and change. So am I doing something wrong or is this how DW MX works? Is 2004 different?

Thanks again.

Kevo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back