Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

pop up form

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 23, 2002
GB
I have a data entry form on which my users can choose from a drop down list of "issue numbers"
I would like to create a kind of sub form (but I know that this is not the right terminology) so that when the user chooses one particular "issue number" a new form pops up so that they can enter relevant data. If they choose any of the other "issue numbers" then the little pop up form doesn't need to be invoked.
Please can someone tell me how to do this.
If this involves VB I fear I have no VB skills....
Many thanks
lynne

You need to modify the combo drop-down) box's AfterUpdate event to evaluate the value of the combo box, then take the appropriate action. One way this can be accomplished is with a Select Case statement.

Assuming you have a simple combo box with just one column, and have more than two issue numbers from which to choose, your code might look something like this:

Code:
Select Case Me![ComboBoxName].Column(0)

Case SomeIssueNumber
  DoCmd.OpenForm "YourPopUpFormName"

Case DifferentIssueNumber
  DoCmd SomethingElse

Case Else
  DoNothing

End Select

I'm also assuming you have some knowledge of code! ;)

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back