Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pop Up and Modal question in a Form conflicts with double click fields 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

knuckelhead

Technical User
Aug 8, 2002
US
I tried a technique noted somewhere in the site. On a form, I made my Pop Up and Modal to "YES". I then had a full Form screen.

However, i have a few "double click" fields in my form. They stopped working.

So I put Pop up amd Modal back to "No" and my double click fields worked again (when i double click, i am taken to a different form, and when i exit, I come back to my orig form.)

any ideas on how i can get my pop Up and Modal back to YES ?
thanks

The double click events are still working, however the form that pops up is not "popup" therefore it is hidden behind your pop up.

i forgot to mention that. yes, i found the pop ups hanging around when i exited tried to leave the file.

I just tried making the Modal as YES and Pop up as NO. No luck for my 2 objects: a full screen and still simple double click on a few fields.

so i guess it is not possible to use a simple double click bridge and a full screen objective?

I just tried making the Modal as YES and Pop up as NO. No luck for my 2 objects: a full screen and still simple double click on a few fields

Could not decipher the above statement. However, if you make the other forms "popup" they will appear in front of the main form you are using.

Fantastic. i did YES for popup and modal lines on all my forms pertaining to the double click business. it all works now.

one more question. when i double click, the second form layers about 80% of the screen. i can still see the first form behind it. is there a way to get a full screen on this second form. and then when i hit my Close button, the 2nd form will close out and the 1st form will appear again in maximized view?

thanks

Look at
Docmd.maximize
Docmd.restore

And a common trick is to is to make forms invisible, but not close them.

goto form 2 and make form 1 invisible
close form 2 and make form 1 visible.

Just wondering. If i make the form invisible but not closed, isn't my RAM being wasted on the Lan and slow me down? I tend to close a form down after using, to conserve my ram. am i wrong?

ps - where do i put that maximize? in the ON LOAd area?
i use in the ON LOAD in my Startup form:

Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer)
DoCmd.Maximize
End Sub

i have always wondered if i should use the ON LOAD section instead? what do you think. sorry for so many related questions at one time.

thanks

One more question. I now see that a button on my Startup form does not work smoothly. it is my Phones button which calls up a QryPhones of my workers and their phone numbers.

in the button, i have a ON CLICK [Event Procedure] of:

=======================
Private Sub cboPhoneNumbers_Click()
DoCmd.OpenQuery "QryPhones"
DoCmd.Maximize
End Sub
======================

there is no POP UP or MODAL line in this button.
So how could I make the Qry open in full size, and then when i click on the X to exit, i will return to my StartUP form?

thanks

How about taking that query, and select AutoForm. Make it pop up and set it to datasheet view. That is one way.

Yes. that was my backup plan. you are right. thanks for all the wonderful help. i will donate $$$ to the club again.

regards
Knucklehead Smith

2 last questions on the topic.

Question 1- how can i make the following just a READ only? i do not want to lock the Form fields since i have a private way to access the same form and make changes whenever necessary myself. However, i did not want the basic inputter chaning my Labor Rates in the frmPack.
----------------------------
Private Sub PackMH2_DblClick(Cancel As Integer)
DoCmd.OpenForm "frmPack" (something else here ??)
DoCmd.Maximize
End Sub
------------------------------
would it be some kind of ac?????? thing added at the end of line 2?

Question 2 - in my Startup Menu form. should I have the following in BOTH the ON OPEN and the ON LOAD? Or just 1 of these??
===============================
Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer)
DoCmd.Maximize
End Sub
Private Sub Form_Load()
DoCmd.Max

thanks

DoCmd.OpenForm "frmPack" (something else here ??)
with forms("frmPack")
.AllowAdditions = False
.AllowEdits = False
.AllowDeletions = False
end with

Just one. Here is the order of events.

When you first open a form, the following events occur in this order:
Open Þ Load Þ Resize Þ Activate Þ Current

DoCmd.OpenForm "frmPack", , , , acFormReadOnly

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

Yes. that is the "something" that i needed. I can now double click on a field on form1 which brings me to form2, and no changes are allowed on form2 via the acFormReadOnly deal.

thanks for the double teaming of you fellows. nice job.
Knucklehead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back