Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pop Under 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dburnham

Programmer
Oct 18, 2001
US
I have created an OnClick Pop Up that will play a *mid clip. I would like for this Pop up to actually be a Pop Under and not interfere with the parent screen.. Again this is an on demand pop up with the users knowledge.

My current code is:

<a href="music/music.htm" onClick="MyWindow=window.open('music/music.htm','MyWindow','toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,resizable=no,width=75,height=100');
return false;" <br>Play Beethoven</a>

David Burnham

Your HREF is set to the same URL your popup window opens. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of your popup? Here's what I would do:
Code:
<a href="[red]javascript:void(0);[/red]" onClick="MyWindow=window.open('music/music.htm','MyWindow','toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,resizable=no,width=75,height=100');[red]MyWindow.blur();[/red]"<br>Play Beethoven</a>

Thanks,

It's amazing how we can miss the little things.

David

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back