Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

pop 3 connector

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 24, 2002
US
Hello, I have been tasked with setting up Windows 2003 Small Business Server for my company and am new to Exchange, have a few quick questions for the gurus out there.

My company has two sites, 400 miles apart, with 25-30 users in each site. We use the same domain name, and all users currently pop into our ISP to receive email.

I would like to set up Exchange at my site, but continue to use pop3 at the other site. From what I have read in the forums it looks like the easiest thing to do may be use the pop3 connector, problem is that the pop3 connector only checks for mail every 15 minutes-too slow! I would like to know if anyone has any experience with the 3rd party pop3 connectors out there, such as popcon or 'Native POP3 Connector'

Other thing I would like to know is if the Out Of Office assistant will still work with a pop3 connector (think it will but would like to be sure) If anyone has any other suggestions for me as to how I should go about configuring Exchange I am all ears, really appreciate any and all advice!

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back