Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Poor VoIP Quality

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHNascimento

Technical User
Aug 12, 2008
People we are facing some problems with poor quality on VoIP Calls. Our equipments are:

02 - IPOffice 500 V2 R6;
36 - Voip H323 Avaya Licenses;
08 - Network Voice Channels in each PBX (to do trunk);
30 - Analog stations (in each PBX);

The Network: Between the branchs we have a Data Center and in both sites a wan link by lan-to-lan access (20MB). The problem is not about the band.

The problem: when we talk using a Voip station in both branchs the call is clear and perfect to me. But when using a TDM station + Voip station the call has very poor quality. I think it can be a CODEC problem, may be?

If you know how to start this troubleshooting you´ll help me a lot!

CH ;-)
ACA - Design IP Telephony

The problem is with the alog stations, replace them for IP or DS stations and all your complaints will vanish.

If it ain't dutch it ain't much

It sounds like a codec mismatch but Intrigrant is right.
Analog and IP does not work very well.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

I think the issue is really with analog and IP conversion. Because the codecs is the same, we are using SCN and the VCM channels are available.

The fact is in Brazil the IP Phone has about 10 times the price of Analog Phone.

CH ;-)
ACA - Design IP Telephony

Same everywhere, but you get what you pay for in the end :)

NTE-wave-logo-for-a4-header.gif
Not happy with Avaya ATM....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back