Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Poor image quality with placed images in Q-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsmorion

Technical User
Nov 14, 2003
US
I am new to using Quark, (I'm using Quar Express-4 for windows), and I'm having a problem with poor image quality after placing images in picture frame. The image extensions are installed and I have tried viewing the page at different sizes, normal, fit on page etc. but the images always look fuzzy. Also after saving image as EPS file and opening in either Illustrator or Photoshop, the colors look washed out.

Much thanks for any help,

David M.

Does the Quark 4 manual explain to you that you are looking at low resolution preview images because Quark 4 is not designed to show the full resolution imagery in your layout onscreen? The images should print well if you have your print settings applied correctly.

- - picklefish - -
Why is everyone in this forum responding to me as picklefish?

There's a Quark extension called Enhance Preview XT.
This will generate a high res preview file of selected images.
I use it on a Mac so can't say if it's available for PC

I have a similar problem, using Quark 5.0 on a PC running XP v5.1. A saved 300dpi+ JPG in Photoshop, tried to place it into Quark but it doesn't show. The picture usage will say it's there but I can't see it. However, if I open that JPG in Illustrator and Export it as a JPG it will show when placed in Quark. What's the problem here?

Is the JPG in CMYK mode?

- - picklefish - -
Why is everyone in this forum responding to me as picklefish?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back