Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pool Media error 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPJeffery

Technical User
May 26, 2006
GB
Hi

Our backup PC in Hong Kong won't run its daily job because, it seems, it thinks the media (AIT) isn't Pool Media...when it shouldn't be thinking it's Pool Media in the first place.

i.e. this is NOT a Pool media job. Which tape to use is just defined as "*".

If we run the task manually it works.

What gives?

Arcserve version is 11.1 (Build 3060).

I know, it's old...it's a sore point...please don't get me started!

JJ
[small][purple]Variables won't. Constants aren't[/purple]
There is no apostrophe in the plural of PC (or PST, or CPU, or HDD, or FDD, or photo, or breakfast...and so on)[/small]

(To be precise, it's AIT5 media)

JJ
There is no apostrophe in the plural of PC (or PST, or CPU, or HDD, or FDD, or photo, or breakfast...and so on)[/small]

I can think of know reason for a job that is not using a Media Pool to look for media that is part of a Media Pool. Perhaps it is corrupted, try creating a new job.

Yes, I thought of creating a new job, but WINS isn't working very well at that site so a new job can't browse the network to see the target server(s)!

JJ

Well then try this.

Check under Media Pools to see if there is a media pool there by that name. If there is and you don't need it then delete it.

Select the Job and the Modify, then make sure everything is set as it should be and do a File Save As. Then delete the original job, open the saved job, and resubmit it back into the queue.

A next step would be to delete the queue which is the directory 00000001.qsd, and then open and resubmit.

Another possibility is to go into the Database Media Records view and delete these tapes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back