Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Polycom6000 using Mitel conferencing FAC 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

paterson

Programmer
May 16, 2005
CA
Hello everyone,

I'm having some difficulty with a Polycom 6000 on a Mitel 3300 4.1 SP2. The customer is requesting to be able to conference more than 3 parties (itself and two external calls). The documentation on the Polycom 6000 says that it is only capable of the 3 party conferencing.

But, I figured that I could use the Mitel conferencing. I changed the SIP device capabilities to use system based features rather than the device based features, but the polycom 6000 doesn't seem to have a flash key to use the Mitel FAC. Am I missing something?

If you did not take enough time to get it right the first time...

What makes you think that you have time to fix it?

Use Transfer softkey. Conference softkey is good as well.
1.Dial the first number
2.Transfer -> dial the second number
3. Transfer -> conf FAC
4. beep
5. Transfer -> dial more numbers
6. Transfer -> conf FAC
7. beep
and so far up to the system limit

It is hard to control the call. If you dialed wrong number or nobody is answering it is hard to properly return into the conference.

What I do is creating the conference call on Mitel phone and then transfer it to the conference phone.

Thanks Slapin!

If you did not take enough time to get it right the first time...

What makes you think that you have time to fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back