Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Polycom with RCA outputs 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imstillhere

IS-IT--Management
Jun 6, 2008
US
Hi, thanks for taking the time to address my questiom.. Ive been looking around the internet for polycom phones that I can get the audio out put into a receiver/amp. Im getting too many conflicting statements from sales people not to mention prices from $1000 and up.. So its probably best to ask all of you. Im looking for a new polycom phone..preferably around $500 that has an audio rca output I can hook up to my overhead speakers/recevier/amp in a conference room. Thank you again

I don't know of a Polycom that will do this, but I have not seen them all! In our case, we have several rooms with built in speaker/mic systems, but they are all purpose built 19" rack systems for this and include an analog pass through so you can plug in a Polycom or even a standard phone from the output of the system, not the other way around.
Hope this helps in some way.

one of the cheapest i've seen is a soft analog that runs in windows.. gives you the sound outputs you need and works great for power point... i down loaded one for under 30 bucks and put it on 10 boxes

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Polycom Soundstation2 has auxilliary RCA jack. It is an analog phone so you must have a free analog port on your switch. we have several of them throughout our company and everyone seems to be pleased with the performance. My training and Education department ordered one this morning for about 250 bucks - that may have been refurbished though - list price is just under $500.

=======================================
"Dyin'? Boy, He can have this little life any time He wants to. Do Ya hear that? Are ya hearin' it? Come on. You're welcome to it, Ol' Timer. Let me know You're up there. Come on. Love me, hate me, kill me, anything. Just let me know it... I'm just standin' in the rain talkin' to myself." Cool Hand Luke

Here's a manual from the Polycom site

page 19 talks about the RCA jack - can be used for recording or hooking up to external speakers etc...

=======================================
"Dyin'? Boy, He can have this little life any time He wants to. Do Ya hear that? Are ya hearin' it? Come on. You're welcome to it, Ol' Timer. Let me know You're up there. Come on. Love me, hate me, kill me, anything. Just let me know it... I'm just standin' in the rain talkin' to myself." Cool Hand Luke

I gave you a star for that one Lee, I did not even think about the power supply output until you mentioned it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back