Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Polycom VVx 350 Default Password unknown and MAC Address will not default Password

Status
Not open for further replies.

Houdini9881

Technical User
Jun 15, 2020
US
Hi! I have several Polycom VVX 350 Phones that needs to be re-provisioned and software updated, however I do not know the old password and the MAC Address will not default the Phone. even when the Phone reboots after entering the MAC address and I hit cancel again to go to ZTP and disable, it will not recognize 456 as the default password.
Any help is greatly appreciated!
thx

Polycom VVx 350 Default Password unknown"
You can edit that to say "current" not "default" since you do know what the default is.

"even when the Phone reboots after entering the MAC address and I hit cancel again"
Your missing steps or not giving proper details when posting.

Reboot phone
-Press Cancel on the display
-While it is counting down press and hold 1, 3 & 5
-Enter the MAC address
-Press OK
-Wait until it full reboots, you will see the model name top left when it's done.

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Thanks, but I am beyond those steps and when it reboots it does not default to Factory. I then try and intercept the startup by going into ZTP but the default password will not work to allow me to intercept the reboot or startup.
thx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back