Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Polycom VVX 310 keeps ringing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathanael Dick

IS-IT--Management
Jan 25, 2023
US
Hello I have a Polycom VVX 310 and it keeps ringing. I want it to go to voicemail but I can't figure out where to set the # of rings it just keeps ringing until I answer.

I would have thought your PBX or Carrier would handle that department as Polycom does not provide voicemail, but I did find this in the VXX300 guide:

Change the Number of Rings Before Voicemail Picks Up Your Voicemail box is programmed to take messages when you can't answer your phone.
If you want the phone to ring more or less times, you may change this setting:
1.From the Idle screen, press the Forward key.
2.Select No Answer
3.Highlight Forward After Rings
4.Change the number of rings
5.If the setting is currently disabled, press the Enable key to save your new setting or else go to step 6.
6.If the setting is currently enabled, press the Disable key to save the setting and then repeat steps 1-3 and press the Enable key to activate the setting

I gather it sends aa command to the PBX/Carrier?

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

This is usually controlled by the call server the phone is connected to rather than the phone itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back