Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Polycom Soundstation2 How 2 Conference calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orlando21

Programmer
Jan 13, 2004
CA
Hi all,

Have a Polycom Soundstation 2 hanging off of an eight Port analogue mod. IP 406 vs 3.2. Making outside calls are fine. I can dial out hit Flash then 9 (to access a line) and then dial out a second time, first caller is placed on hold. Once I make contact with 2nd caller I hit Flash again to join but all I get is another internal (secondary) dialtone. When I try to connect the IP Office places both callers on hold and I cannot get them back or join them. I have tried it with both our analogue lines and our PRI same deal. Do I need to make a Flash short code, then once created enter it after the first or second Flash attempt to join the three of us? Customer already has the meet me set up. Wants the Polycom to dial out and be able to conference in both calls via the unit, not through phone manager transfers or such.

Thanks in advance.

unlike most PBX's which a second flash invokes the conference, an IP Office needs a shortcode to be dialed, *47 is usually the default. so after you do the second flash, dial *47 to bridge the two calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back