Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Polycom Soundstation 2 -Analog or Digital ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atechguyy

Technical User
Mar 19, 2003
CA
HI! There ,as title mentioned ,and depending on what spare ports left on KSU ,, has anyone have a preference between analog or digital polycom Soundstation 2 choices ??? And i will be quoting the Wireless 1.9 dect unit which is more expensive ,, just had 2 wireless polycom issues low microphone volume but not on every call. Any tips. which unit has better results. thks Nortel Cics .

Durham/Kawartha ,Ont.

Thks Firebird,, didn't know that about the nortel digital polycom.

Durham/Kawartha ,Ont.

There is is actually 2 Nortel digital versions, one for Nortel CS1000 and one for Norstar.
The Norstar one is called Norstar Audio Conferencing Unit and is discontinued but lots out there refurbished/used still.

I would double check those lower lines at Demarc for audio issues in case it is grabbing a low volume line from the pool every so often.
Plus the connections form Bell.

Possible option for basic wireless analog one:
I just sold/installed an Avaya B169 (analog) for the first time a month ago and was an 10 seat table, I did not order the add-on expandable MICs but no complaints from the client.
I installed the wall-mountable base station in the phone room and no issues with signals.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

I prefer the analog version for conference rooms as it can be expanded with extension microphones for a larger room. The Norstar version is best for small meeting rooms.

Marv ccna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back