Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Polycom Soundstaion 2 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

oned

MIS
Feb 8, 2005
US
Does anyone know if i could use a digital Polycom Soundstaion 2 conference phone on my Meridian 1 switch?
Does the switch need to be at a certain release?
It is now at:
Version 2111
Release 23
Issue 35

They want a good quality speaker phone. Any other suggestions?

you can use the phone and i doubt you can find a better one.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks for the info. I know I can trust you guys.
How would I set this up?
LD 20
type:???
key:???

FYI Polycom make both analogue and digital versions of the soundstation line for those that were not aware.

So in this case you would program it in LD 11 or 20 if you feel more comfortable that way.

As far as Type is concerned the polycom data sheet should let you know what model to install as and what keys need to be programed with what feature.

If it is a newer unit most likely the instruction will be for the M3900 series and probably an M3904. This will have default key mappings for conference transfer etc.

Double check the Polycom web site if you don't have the documentaion, hooking up the wrong type could cause an issue.

.. and Nortel has an IP version based upon Polycom hardware but which emulates an IP Phone 2001.

The Polycom digital 500D emulates a 2616 set. However, Nazule is right - check the Polycom site to be sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back