Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Polycom RealPresence Desktop through a Watchguard Firewall

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuicksilverW

IS-IT--Management
Jul 29, 2014
US
I'll give the standard, "I'm not sure if this is where I post this" disclaimer as I am a lowly noob - so "Hi!".

As the title says, I have a Watchguard firewall and a laptop running the Polycom RealPresence Desktop software and I can't get them to play well together. I can dial and connect and, while the other ends sees me and hears me, I cannot see or hear them. I've opened the following ports in the firewall and have set them up as both packet filters and H.323 proxies:

• 80 - Static TCP - HTTP Interface (optional) Address Book Utility

• 389 - Static TCP - ILS Registration (LDAP)

• 1503 - Static TCP - T.120

• 1718 - Static UDP - Gatekeeper discovery (Must be bidirectional)

• 1719 - Static UDP - Gatekeeper RAS (Must be bidirectional)

• 1720 - Static TCP - H.323 call setup (Must be bidirectional)

• 1731 - Static TCP - Audio Call Control (Must be bidirectional)

• 1024-65535 Dynamic TCP H245

• 1024-65535 Dynamic UDP - RTP (Video data)

• 1024-65535 Dynamic UDP - RTP (Audio data)

• 1024-65535 Dynamic UDP RTCP (Control Information)

- neither way seems to work. I've even, as a last ditch, opened ALL ports for the laptop in question and still no joy. I've gotten this system working on the DSL connection we use for people waiting in our lobby (which is not behind any sort of firewall) but I CANNOT get this to work on our corporate network. Info on making this work is scarce and the Googles and I've tried what little bit of stuff I can find with no luck (unfortunately I don't have an extra IP to setup NAT rules for as that seems to be one of the things I've seen a lot).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance for the help!

If you suspect the firewall is blocking it, you should watch the firewall logs for the lines that indicate which connections it is blocking - that gives you the info you need to unblock whatever it is blocking.

On the other hand, if you've tried it with no rules at all, then you have a different issue - still check your logs to see if there's another issue occurring, also check your NATing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back