Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Polycom Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

RPMcMurphy

Vendor
Aug 15, 2007
US
BCM400 4.0, ASM 8+, Polycom Soundstation 2W (wireless). Is it possible to do multi-party conferenceing on this phone on this system. Auto-Hold is on, I've tried usig the flash and still doesn't seem to work, any ideas?

The following is from the Nortel Knowledge Base:

Problem Description
BCM4.0 and BCM50 Rls3 support ad-hoc conferencing, which enables set users to add multiple parties into a set-based conference call. Once a conference call has been established, a soft-key prompt will appear for "new call", and this is used to add additional parties to the conference call. If a set does not have soft-keys, F807 should be used to perform the same function.

Problem Resolution
The audio conferencing unit does not have soft-keys and does not support 4-digit feature codes and, therefore, does not support ad-hoc conferencing.

NCSS, NCDS, NCTS

Thanks for the information. It actually turned out to be, make the first call, flash *807 (second dial tone), make second call, flash *3 and the three parties are joined. Seems to be different on alot of phones. Thanks again

I always tell my customers to set up the conference call on a digital phone, park it, then pick it up on the polycom. I think its much easier that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back