Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Polycom/Nortel Power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

rongnp

Technical User
Jan 4, 2004
CA
Hi Everyone,

I have a Polycom/Nortel 2501-03308-001 J conference unit on which the mics have stopped working so I'm looking to replace it.

Finding similar LOOKING units without power supplies is pretty easy (and cheap!), but I'm not sure which, or any, of these phones are compatible with the power supply I currently have. Does anyone have that info? I'd rather spend the ~$100 on a used one than $600+ on a new one if possible...

Thanks in advance.

the polycom nortel unit's "power supply" is actually a digital phone interface unit that takes the digital phone from the norstar and converts it to analog (basically an ata-2) and is used same as an ata-2 the nortel "power supply" units that are not marked "nortel" take an analog input from POTS phones. the two, as far as I know, do not match. you might have to contact polycom for verification.

----------------------------
Hill?? What hill??
I didn't see any $%@#(*$ Hill!!
----------------------------
JerryReeve
Telecommunication Technology Services

Unless, Polycom stopped providing repair service, did you contact them for repair rates?

....JIM....

@jerry - Thanks for the explanation
@syquest - I have contacted someone about repair, but it will be almost as much as buying a new unit!

I will contact Polycom directly and ask both questions. I'll post back with their response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back