Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Polycom MIC cable 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

curlycord

Programmer
Sep 22, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Does anyone make their own cables for the extended mics?

I am wondering what AWG size and where to buy a roll.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Found this while searching....
What a wonderful world we live in.

100-FT-Black-RJ11-4C-Modular-Telephone-Extension-Phone-Cord-Cable-Line-Wire

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

I would have to go look at one, but I thought the extended mic used RJ-22 connectors, not RJ 11. Some 4 wire satin cable at 24 or 26 awg, a few ends and a pair of crimpers and away you go. I would hesitate to have 100 feet of extended mic cable in the mix and would only make it just as long as needed, no longer. At 100 feet away users of that mic would not be able to hear the base unit's speaker very well anyhow.

Wanebo thanks for the reply but the first link was a joke and the second one was a comparison to it....$500 vs $13
100 feet was not the request.
We already know what connectors and how to crimp thanks hence why I am asking for a roll.

Let me re-phrase then.
Does anyone know where to get a roll (1000') of that black satin (flat black).... prefer the rounded cable as more flexible (not stiff satin grey looking ugly on the table).

My post is probably better off in an audio forum anyway.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Thanks Marv but no dice there.

I have confirmed some mics use 4 and some 3 wire but I have not narrowed it down to which conf units use which yet and also they are not shielded.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Try Norelco on 14th Ave in Markham. If they don't have it in stock, I'll bet they can get it.

Thanks I will try them.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back