Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Polycom IP 7000 with NEC SV8300

Status
Not open for further replies.

soaressteevan

Technical User
Jun 9, 2008
AE
Hello,

I have connected a Polycom sound station with SV8300 as a third party SIP, i am not able to make a conference call from this.
I am following the below procedure:

1.make a call, once the call is answered
2.press conference button
3.make a new call, once the call is answered
4.press again conference button.i can see conference active on the polycom screen, but the first caller is always on hold, the bridge is not completing.

kindly help me on this issue.

Does the conference work from IP phones exclusive of the polycom?

Mr.Belvedere,

they have digital phones, the conference is working fine over there.

Is there an option to adjust the hookflash timer in the polycom? It may need to be adjusted.

The Polycom Soundstation IP phone that I dealt with was incapable of generating a "hook flash" and NTAC stated that it would not be able to create conference calls.

The closest thing that we found to a solution is for another extension to transfer additional calls to the existing call.

Thanks PFD, i also tried the same way, but the customer is not satisfied.

My understanding is that STD SIP 3-Party conference is only available on SV9300 Version 3 software.

NEC UNIVERGE® SV9300 V3 Software Now Available

NEC Corporation of America (NEC) is pleased to announce the most recent software release for its UNIVERGE® SV9300 communications platform. UNIVERGE® SV9300 V3 Software provides improved feature
functionality that supports a powerful combination of system features and IP enhancements. The UNIVERGE SV9300’s latest software release offers immediate benefits to NEC dealers as well as their customers.

V3.1.0 Improved Features & Benefits for NEC Customers Hotel / Motel

Wakeup call service has been improved to play a customized message and time when setting a wakeup call and single digit dialing now gives your guests one-touch access to Snooze Callback.
Guest Name Display – CCIS provides Guest Name, Number, VIP and Language to be displayed on a Multiline Terminal or Attendant Console at another SV9300/SV9500 over CCIS network.
From the PMS, Room Change and Room Swap information is sent to the UA5200.
Delay Announcement can be provided for station calls to busy monitored ACD groups such as Room Service, Maid Service and Front Desk etc.

SIP Enhancements

3 Party Conference is now supported on a Standard SIP device.
Brokers Call is now supported to alternate between two parties on a Standard SIP device.
Capability to dial Feature Access Codes in the same way as on a multiline and single line terminal

Thank you for sharing this information, its very useful.

But here in my scenario, i used meet me conference feature and it worked, every time they make a call they should transfer a call to the meet me conference pilot number.

anyway its resolved my issue,thanks for your support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back