Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Polycom IP 7000 firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgonzalez77

IS-IT--Management
Jun 28, 2008
US
Hi All,

a client of mine bought a polycom IP 7000, they have an IP Office 500 system, recently upgraded to R8. We also purchased the 3rd party SIP endpoint license.

Struggling to get the phone to register. From what I've read here upgrading to the latest FW seems to be key. The Polycom is currently on SIP FW 3.2.4, with bootloaded 4.3

From what I saw on Polycom's website, they say that the IP Office at R6 is supported with Firmware 3.3.1, so it looks like we have to upgrade the FW on the IP 7000.

My question is, how do I do it? I've upgraded Firmware via TFTP for plenty of other devices, but this is incredibly confusing when trying to update the IP 7000. There are a bunch of files, and I don't know which are needed. I gather that the files are sort of a template that need to be modified.

Polycom is no help, they only provide support to certified resellers, of which I'm not.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I have always taken all those files and put them in my TFTP/HTTP server and set the phone to either use TFTP or HTTP to pull them. once it gets them you can get in from the webpage and finish setting up the phone. you need the IP and default polycom logins to get into the phone

Kevin Wing
ACSS Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Communications
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

I downloaded UC 3.3.1F (why would I not get the newer ones??).

WhenI extract the download there is a sip.ld and sip.ver file, then there is a folder with a bunch of config files, like applications.cfg, region.cfg, site.cfg etc etc, then there is another folder called localization that has some xml files.

Should I copy all of those into 1 directory on the TFTP server?

Thanks!

Yes. Put all the files in the base directory for your TFTP server.

You can always upgrade to newer UC 3.3.x versions. 3.3.1 is a good starting point though, since according to Polycom, it has been tested successfully on the IP Office. 4.0.x has introduced more changes to the config files and the web GUI is significantly different, so you may have to play around with a bit to get it working.

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back