Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Polycom IP 320 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SysAdmMke

Technical User
Jan 18, 2006
US
Ok, I downloaded the Asterisk Now distro, 1.7.0 from Asterisk.org I can add the extensions using Freepbx that came with it but cannot do anything with the phone. I was able to add a soft phone and that came up just fine, but the polycom ip 320 does not want to dial anything. I have checkd and rechecked all settings. I looked at the Status on the phone and it shows it is registered but yet Freepbx dashboard status shows 0 ip phones online. If I add the soft phone it shows as 1 IP phone online but It should show the polycom as well (2 devices) and does not.

Anybody have any experience with Polycom? what I am missing in the configuation of that phone through its web interface?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Mike

Have you tried the endpoint manager? It should create your configuration file for you.

Thanks, no i didn't know about endpoint. I am just got this phone from ebay and no instructions or software was shipped with it. Just the phone and the power cord. I am trying to get my feet with with Asterisk and Freepbx.

So is it that I would run endpoint, it would create a file that I would ftp to the phone? Also.. where do I download endpoint from?

Thanks for your help, i appreciate it.

-Mike

Endpoint manager is part of FreePbx. It should create a file based on the MAC address of the polycom and put the file in TFTPBoot directory. You then tell the Polycom where the configuration server is, FreePBX ip address. Reboot Polycom and it will pull the configuration file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back