Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Polycom BCM 1000 Compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

CPUSmith

IS-IT--Management
Oct 29, 2002
CZ
I am looking for a conferencing phone with extended microphones for a BCM 1000 v3.7.

Does anyone know if the Polycom SoundStation2 Direct Connect Nortel (2200-17120-001) will work with a BCM 1000?

It says that it's Nortel Meridian compatible and a lot of the Meridian phones and products work with the BCM 1000 so I'm guessing it will but I cannot get Polycom to confirm it.

If that is the digital version that emulates a 7310 phone, then yes, no problem.

Here's something from the manual that I found? Does it mean that it will only emulate a M2616 and will that work with the BCM?

"SoundStation2 Direct Connect is compatible with any digital voice port on NORTEL Meridian, Meridian 1 (option 11 to 81), SL-1, or SL-100 PBX with the exception of those supporting MBS (CENTREX) phone sets. In addition to the basic product functions, it supports two special functions
- Conference and Transfer - in the same manner as the default M2616 Model 20, using key number position 3 for Conference and key number position 6 for Transfer...

If ur using a digital one u need the Norstar Conference Unit. It has a Norstar/BCM feature button.

The model you're looking for is a 2033 from Nortel. Either that or any analog conference unit from Polycom (or others) will work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back