Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Polling network with incorrect community string

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blair

Technical User
Nov 28, 2000
CA
I have turned off the polling under RESOURCE MANAGER ESSENTIALS> ADMINISTRATION>AVAILABILITY>CHANGE POLLING OPTIONS, we have not loaded the ANI SERVER application and we still continue to get authorization errors from this box. I am wondering where else would I be able to change these settings from "public" and "private"??

Blair,

Make sure that the polling has stopped, and then check if you are still getting errors. Depending on how big your network is, the polling could take over an hour even after you stop it. Remember, once the process "spiders" off to discover, when you do a STOP on the discovery the guy has reached devices far away in your network, with info (or lack of info) to return in perhaps over an hour.

So is your box still logging the errors?

You should check to ensure that the credentials for the devices are corrrect. This is used by RME to collect info from the devices. (Resource Manager Essentials> Administration> Inventory> Change Device Attributes ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back