Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Poll #3: What versions of FoxPro/XBase languages are you planning/considering to use?

What versions of FoxPro/XBase languages are you planning/considering to use?

• FoxBase, FP1-FPW2.6 (any versions by Fox Software)

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • VFP3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • VFP5

• VFP6

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • VFP7

• VFP8

• VFP9

Votes: 25 86.2%
  • VFPA

Votes: 14 48.3%
  • DBase (any version)

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Clipper, Harbour, Alaska XBase++, other clones (name it)

Votes: 5 17.2%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Chris Miller

Programmer
Oct 28, 2020
DE
I'm just interested. Also see other polls about current and planned versions and other languages.

I'm interested in X#. Didn't muster the bravery to try it yet...

I should have listed X#, too. I can't edit the poll options, though. Feel free to vote for the last option for X#, too.

I ticked legacy versions, because just out of curiosity I consider testing what's possible and how much I'd miss all the stuff introduced in later versions, when going back to something I never even used.

I go in and out of interest in in XBase++ and VFPA.

None of them since they won't run on my Macs.

To be complete, I think this poll should have specifically included FP versions that run on platforms other than DOS and Windoz. I realize that they could be implied to be included the legacy version category listed. Sure, these other versions are "dead" but there might accidentally be someone considering them.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back