Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Poll #2: What versions of FoxPro/XBase languages do you currently use/support?

What versions of FoxPro/XBase languages do you currently use/support?

• FoxBase, FP1-FPW2.6 (any versions by Fox Software)

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • VFP3

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • VFP5

• VFP6

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • VFP7

• VFP8

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • VFP9

Votes: 37 90.2%
  • VFPA

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • DBase (any version)

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Clipper, Harbour, Alaska XBase++, other clones (name it)

Votes: 3 7.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Chris Miller

Programmer
Oct 28, 2020
DE
I'm just interested. Also see other polls about current and planned versions and other languages.

Good Poll Chris, I'm interested in this as well.
I cast my vote on FPD/W2.6, (rarely, but still have some about), VFP3 (only on MAC), and VFP9 (98%).
I'm interested in VFPA, I looked at it when it was called VFP10, I like the 64bit idea, but my brief tinkering several years ago, I never really got it working.

I'd also be interested to see anyone working in things like Fox in Cloud, or alternatives.

I wish there were genuinely newer options, not just bug fixes like VFPA.

Ideally, I'd love something that lets us deploy Windows, MacOS, iOS, iPadOS, Linux, and Android Apps with the same codebase, with the only real changes being some #IF segments where needed to designate what parts to compile for various platforms.

Back when Microsoft took over and released Mac versions, I was so happy to deliver a fully operational program to a client with a few added #IF _Mac directives here and there and the code coexisted with the Windows / DOS versions in the same directory.

Only VFP 9.0 to latest patch level.

FPM 2.6b only.

Your poll implies DOS & Windoz versions only even though it says any versions.

Oh yeah... I also wrote FPM2.6 and (Can you believe/remember this!) FoxPro 2.6 for SCO Unix.
I was working a faculty at IU from 1991 to 1996. We chose Fox back in the day because of it's cross-platform capabilities. We had apps on every platform for some department or another. It was actually cool, fun times. But that ended as soon as MS bought it... :/

Mmerlin, I'm aware FoxPro also existed on Mac and even for SCO Unix. The number of options is limited for polls and I could make all options single options anyway, I consider them unimportant to the FoxPro world. Sorry, I realize it's "the world" to you, when that's the only version you support.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back