Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Polish fonts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Programmer
Jan 24, 2004
PL
How to get mark "l"? It was a time when if I had written #136 I got "l" but now when I write #136 I get "e" with "^" above. That time I could also use polish fonts in compiler and now some strenge marks appear instead of for example "a" or "c". Strange is also that #162 - "ó" works all time well. Do you now why ascii marks in my compiler changed and what to do to get this stupid "l"? My compiler is Borland Turbo Pascal 7.0

This has nothing to with the compiler and everything with the BIOS of your computer. ASCII was originally a 7 bit standard, so only the first 128 characters are the same on every computer. Characters #128 to #255 can be used to support regional characters (such as ê, ë, è, ò, Ö, Ü, etc) and can differ from BIOS to BIOS.

Regards,
Bert Vingerhoets
vingerhoetsbert@hotmail.com
Don't worry what people think about you. They're too busy wondering what you think about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back