Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Policy to remove old database links

Status
Not open for further replies.

adelgadom

IS-IT--Management
Apr 7, 2003
ES
Hello,

Does anybody know how to implement a policy to remove old database links from users workspace?

I mean, for databases that no longer are available, or has moved.

Thanks,

No don't know how to clean up the workspace automagically,
but if they click an old link, it will do a search for the database and then ask them if they want to delete the link if not found.

Yes,

But, imagine 1000 users with old links, because an old admin didn't do the work it should had do.

Will you connect remotely to 1000 users to check old links, and remove them manually (for around 10 old links per user)?

I don't think so.

Of course I know that if whenever I link on an old link, it will ask me to choose to delete, but that's not what I asked.

Thanks,

No I'm not suggesting that you do it, but the problem should resolve itself over time as users try the bad links.

If it's only about 10 bad links per person I personally wouldn't worry about it.

Send them links to any databases they can't locate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back