Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Policy Patrol vs. Exclaimer

Status
Not open for further replies.

lebisol

IS-IT--Management
Jan 3, 2003
US
Hello there,
Ok, I finally got tired of VBscript and looking into one of the 2 applications above.
Currently, looking to use it for disclaimers and email signatures - maybe spam & av down the line.GFI was eliminated from the list due to lack of rules and variables.

I am hoping you guys can share your epxerience with these apps with respect to performance and stablity.
Many thanks for your thoughts!

:--------------------------------------:
fugitive.gif

All around in my home town,
They tryin' to track me down...

MailMarshal works pretty good. You can get very granular with your filters, and does outbound disclaimers as well.

Mike Fegan

Learn how to tweak YOUR box, and talk shop with other techies!

Hi TweakMYbox,
spam & av is not really an issue...filtering that I am after is more towards disclaimers and signaturesI am using Postini.
GFI and MailMarshal seem like an overkill right now.
Thanks for the pointer I compleatly forgot about Marshal!
All the best!

fugitive.gif

Sunbelt Ninja isn't bad either and only $100 per year.

Most others are licensed per mailbox or per server.

Neill

thanks ntinlin,
I looked at all of them and Policy Patroll had a few features such as auto-reponder with schedules.
At the end, I decided to go with DisclaimIt as it did excatly what I need for beyond reasonable price. Very light and processsor and memory while it does only what I needed ....disclaimers and dynamic signatures.
Thanks everyone,
All the best!

fugitive.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back