Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pole Wants Telephone Pole Out of His Kitchen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sphoneman

Vendor
Aug 31, 2003
US
Pole Wants Telephone Pole Out of His Kitchen

WARSAW (Jan. 31) - Piotr Kardys is a Pole with a problem -- a pole; in fact, a telephone pole in his kitchen.

It was erected without his permission by telephone operator TPSA and when he built a home on his property in 2001 he had to build around the offending object, which is how the pole ended up in his kitchen.

Local authorities said since no one objected when the pole went up, it was legal. Kardys, a businessman from Kolbuszowa, disputed this view and Poland's Supreme Administrative Court has now agreed with him.

But his problems aren't over. Local authorities rescinded the building permit for the pole and told TPSA to move it, but TPSA spokeswoman Izabella Szum said the company would appeal.

"We have to have a binding decision -- we could do it on our own, but you have to realize this is a big investment," she said.

01/31/05 10:41 ET

Steve
tele-dataservices.com

pictures?

Can't seem to find any pictures , just the above report syndicated to most news agencies.

I'm not sure which is worse, the fact that TPSA had the gall to erect a pole without the relevant permissions , or the home owners stupidity in building around it !!!!

<Do I need A Signature or will an X do?>

I sent this to a Polish friend and he confimed that this sort of thing happens there. He says there are roads running through private property as well.

My guess is this is a results of former goverment agencies hutzspah in a country where there used to be not much in the way of property rights.

I did tell him that this sort of news hardly gives the world a good impression of the Polish!

he should build some sort of wire supporting structure on his house and then extract the pole, with or without their permission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back