Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Polarity Reversal: CDR Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

rim

IS-IT--Management
Apr 25, 2002
IN
Dear All,

I have a meridian 11c and am facing the following problem.

It is observed that after when a caller from within my office makes a call after seizing a trunk and if the called party after answering the call, disconnects then the same is shown in the billing s/w irrespective of whether the calling party from inside my office has disconnected or not. However the time in seconds taken for billing purpose includes the the time taken to dial plus the time taken for the called party to answer plus the actual time for which the line was connected. But actually it should only take the time for which the line was actually connected after the called party answers the call. Also incase the called party does not answer the call or the call does not get through or the called phone is busy, then in such cases also the bill is shown till the calling party from within does not disconnect the phone.

Hope I was able to put some more clarity into my problem. Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks & Regards,
Rim

What are you using for billing-- MAT, Optivity or some other software package?? It might be helpful if you posted a screen capture of one of your RDBs on which you are experiencing these billing issues.

The central office is provisioning your with battery reversal. This option allow that the call register show only the time used to talk with the called party without the time used to dial, ring, busy, no answer, etc.
Also you have been program in the PABX each trunk whith this option in ld 14 in the type of supervison answer with battery reversal.
Excuse me but my english isn´t good

Javier

Your CDR software will help you with most of your questions. If you are getting answere supervision, you can set AIA in the route data block. Most software will also alow you to setup short call filters and not bill for the first 10 seconds to alow for ring etc.

I am trying to setup Telecom Billing using OTM CDR setup with DBA buffering and its taking me for a loop.
Any info would help.

Thanks Lynch
Williams Cos.
Voice Operations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back