Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Polar Grid Tool Divisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

eva11

Technical User
Jan 6, 2005
US
Hi everyone -
In the polar grid tool, is it possible to make irregularly-spaced concentric divisions? For example, when I tell it that I want, say, 26 divisions, they all come out equally-spaced from center to circumference; can I specifiy that I'd like the divisions between the inner 13 to be slightly larger (though equal to each other) than those between the outer 13?
Thanks in advance,
Eva

I don't think it can be done automatically. You would probably have to manually scale the areas you want, although it shouldn't be too difficult.

You could look at the blend tool instead. Draw the smallest and largest circles for the inner section, then blend between them with 13 steps (well, 11 steps because you've already drawn the two outer circles). Repeat for the the outer section and use the Align palette to centre everything.

Thank you, blueark, I will try the blend tool and see if that works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back