Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pointing a DID to a DN

Status
Not open for further replies.

joatsaint

IS-IT--Management
Sep 7, 2005
US
Hey guys,

First I want to say thanks for all the help I have gotten from this board. I surf here regularly and I have a folder stuffed with tips, tricks, and how to's.

I have newbie question. I am building a new analog (500) phone and have a DN assigned to it.

My question is, how do I point one of our DID numbers to the TN or the DN?

I hate to sound too "newbie" but would you provide instructions on how that is done?

What is your DID range? Mine is 8600 to 8799, so I would put any number between 8600 and 8799 on my phone. I used 8679 as it was not used.

LD 20
PRT
LUDN
enter this will list all DN's available in you switch.

Just make a DN with one of the DID numbers.

Is your extn a DID?
what is it?

if your did range does not match your internal number plan then use ld 49 idc tables to translate it..

usually you can check the bill to see your did range.. but if you know one did 3301.. then ld 20 prt lucn 33 to see other numbers in the 33 range.. put one no as a scr key then call it..might get lucky..

also print idc in ld 49 to see if inbound translation is in place

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Sorry it has taken so long to reply. I have been tied up with IT projects the past few days.

We do have inbound translation in place. From what I have found the range is 90xx - 9199. All numbers not specifically assingned to an extension go to our pbx. I would like to use one of the numbers assigned to the pbx.

When I try to add 9007 to the idc table, I get the error - SCH4565
Tree number is out-of-range for LD 49 (0-254).

I have no idea what a Tree number is.

When I print a ludn list it comes back with numbers in the 9xxx range, but when I try to print a DNB for a 9xxx number that I know is in use, I get the error - SCH0881
No valid DN can be found starting with specified digits.

Any instructions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for all the help. I was able to fool around in LD 49 and got it to work.

I printed out the idc table and found the DCNO number, which is the "Tree number".
I did the folowing:
LD 49
chg
idc
dcno 0

and then I was able to put the DID 9007 in the table and translate it to an internal number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back