Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pointer jumps on click

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobdog

Technical User
Sep 22, 2001
ZA
Sorry if this is a lame question but I'm relatively new to both Windows and Fireworks. This is an irritating problem. It seems like Fireworks is trying to be smart and anticipate where I want the pointer to be after a tool selection, for example, but it is often wrong and I'd rather it just stay put and let me move it the old-fashioned way to a new location.

I notice Windows also does this, irritatingly, but it's worse in Fireworks because I seem to get an automatic "click" in the new location, too. With the text tool, it's sometimes about impossible to select existing text on a canvas because every time I click on the text button, the pointer jumps out into the canvas and clicks, bringing up the text configuration box. I have to shrink or iconify the canvas in order to get the text tool without a click-on-canvas.

I have a Wacom graphics tablet driver installed but don't always use the tablet. This behavior occurs with the tablet and just with the regular mouse.

Any ideas? Am I alone with this or does it happen to others?

Thanks,

Bobdog

I've used fw with a wacom driver and tablet on windows 98 and haven't had the problem. Maybe try disabling the tablet driver in the control panel of Windows to see if it fixes the problem, then find out if your tablet driver needs updating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back