Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

pointer functions and variables 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

PavelGur

Programmer
Sep 21, 2001
I'm working with VC++ 6.0 for years and one thing puzzles me. When I need to code variable or function of the entity that is addressed by pointer sometimes after entering XXX-> I'm getting the box that shows me all possible variables and functions available and sometimes it does not. I can not figure out what is the trick to force it to do it. Rebuild All does not help.
Thanks, Pavel.

Come out of visual studio, delete the .ncb file and then go back in again. The .ncb file is probably corrupted.

I've just tried. I deleted the .ncb file and then Rebuld All. The problem still exists.
Thanks, Pavel.

As far as I know, the ncb file handles the class explorer. I've always had the same issue with many different versions of Visual Studio. You might also try making sure that Browse Information is also generated when you build, but I'm not even sure that applies to the intellisense pop-up you are asking about.

The only that I ever get to work is rearranging my code so that it doesn't confuse the intellisense mechanism. That is usually not worth the effort, though. When intellisense isn't working I usually just right-click and select Go To Declaration and search the header myself.

This same question was asked within the last 6 months or so, but I don't think there were any definitive answers there either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back