Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

POE on i2004 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

eemergeit

Technical User
Mar 7, 2007
US
I have Cisco 3560 poe switches and the poe adapter for the i2004 phones and it dont work. I have inline power as auto.

Depending on the phase of IP set, you don't need the adapter. Are you sure that the POE is enabled on the ports in the Cisco?

Just a heads up on Cisco PoE, sometimes when you unplug a PoE phone and then plug it back in too quickly, the Cisco switch doesn't release shut the power on the port. You may need to go into the switch and do a "shut/no shut" on the interface. But I have a 3560 PoE and a i2004 and we did not need any other adapter.

I have the phase that needs the adapter and yes I do have power enable on the Cisco

Are these phase 1 or 2 phones? Phase one requires the external power supply, and PoE won't work off the of the Cisco stuff without it.

You may need to turn off the PoE on the Cisco side to bring these up. Try just plugging in the power supply to the phone, with out the network connection, to be sure the phone actually comes up. If it does, turn off the PoE on the Cisco side and connect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back